The granite counters are in! They look great, Andy did a wonderful job. Last night...and early this morning...the rock started going up on the fireplace, thanks to some help from friend Wade. And we put the mantle up this afternoon!
Since I was working today I didn't spend much time at the house, but I did seal some of the tiles that will be used for the back splash and help with the mantle placement. Then I was sent home to get some packing done.
My father-in-law was at the house again today installing some of the light fixtures. He also put some of the blinds back up in the bedrooms! So when we do move in we'll have some window coverings. The only light fixtures that have not been switched out yet are: the chandelier in the dining area, the light over the kitchen sink, and the ceiling fan/light for the living room.
Andy will be working on the fireplace for awhile...and at some point getting the kitchen sink installed. As of right now we're planning move-in-day for Monday. We're putting the word out and hoping for lots of hands. It'll be nice to be done going back and forth...and pulling 16+ hour days. Looking forward to the evening when Andy & I can kick our feet up and finally celebrate owning our first home.
Photos of counters, rock, mantle and light fixtures coming soon. Stay tuned.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Granite and Rock
Posted by Emily Dozier at 6:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment