Friday, August 3, 2012

Towels and Tables

It's been a great first 4 days in the house.  We're slowly getting things put away and set up where we want.  The garage is a little less full than it was.  There are more things hung on the walls.  The guest room is set up for now; we're still looking for a second twin bed or a double bed, and we'll reorganize the room at that point.

We're getting used to the house a little at a time.  It's much darker at night than the apartment where we had a street lamp right outside.  I used the oven for the first time tonight, and the adjustment from electric to gas will be a little trickier than I had expected.  I'm loving the gas range though!  The house seems a little colder than the apartment, but that could just be that we're approaching autumn.

Today was the most exciting progress we've had in awhile.  The towel bars finally arrived and Andy installed them this evening.  For each bath we got a towel ring, a towel bar and a toilet paper holder.  In the master bath we also put up a robe hook.  AND the kitchen table made it's way into the house!  It's all coming together.

Here's the latest in photos:


Guest bath w/new towel bar and TP holder.
(And the new shower curtain & rug I picked up Wednesday)
 
Towel bar and robe hook in master bath.

Table and chairs inside!
 
Bonus: View last night from our window.

0 comments: