We're still working away on things...though a little slower than before.
This weekend Andy started searching for firewood. We plan to heat the house this winter primarily with our little wood burning stove. We have been offered by our fire chief, Pat, to take wood from the property he care-takes. Andy was able to meet the owners of the property and they told him to 'please go ahead'. So at least for this year we have some easy access to collecting firewood; and they're letting us use their wood splitter!
After just Saturday and Sunday afternoons Andy has cut, split and stacked 2 cords. We're hoping to have 6 or 7, maybe more if we can get it, ready to go for the winter. Andy had friend Wade's help this Sunday, I hope to be able to go help him next Sunday afternoon.
Over the weekend I worked on sealing the grout on the bathroom counters. I put up our new shower curtain in the master bath. And we received our paper towel holder, which has been assembled and set up in the kitchen. I also moved some of the furniture in the shop to get it out of Andy's way so he can start filling the shop with tools and work things.
Here's some photos of the newest additions to the house:
| New paper towel holder! |
| Fire in the stove |
| New shower curtain |
No photos of the wood stacked yet...it was dark out when I thought of it. Maybe tomorrow.
Andy is now focusing on getting his office set up. He's making a custom desk. He's had some help with some of the different pieces of it, now he has all those pieces and will be working on putting it together and getting it set up in the house.
Busy, busy, busy. Enjoying being in the house for 2 weeks now! How time flies.

0 comments:
Post a Comment