We are definitely getting settled into the house. Things are mostly in order, there are very few boxes still lying around, and we have pictures on walls! Here are a few of the more recent projects/additions to the house.
 |
| Photos in hall. |
 |
| Painting and photos in guest room. |
 |
| Painting in master! |
 |
| Andy built me a box/bench for firewood storage! |
 |
| Filled with firewood. |
 |
| Firewood stacked in the back yard. |
 |
| Another view of the firewood stack. |
We have been working hard on cutting, splitting and stacking firewood for the winter. It's been a few long days and lots of mosquito bites, but we're looking forward to being nice and toasty warm this winter.
Speaking of mosquito bites.....when I was a child my bites would swell to ridiculous sizes (remember mom & dad?!). I seemed to have grown out of it, or so I thought. I have been bitten so infrequently in the last few years (thank you dry climate!) that I think my body has forgotten how to respond. The mosquitoes have been terrible this year and I've been bitten much more this summer, and several of the bites have become HUGE, just like when I was a kid. Hmph!
Anyway, there are still projects we'll be working on with the house. Andy plans to build a roof over the firewood. I asked him to build me shelves for DVD storage in the living room. We're going to have the venting for the forced air unit re-done to circulate heat from the living room to the bedrooms more efficiently.
And the list goes on...........
0 comments:
Post a Comment